(25 Nov 2010)
Los Angeles, USA
November 21, 2010
1. Mid shot of dog playing dead
2. Exterior wide of Zoom Room training school
3. Close exterior of sign of Zoom Room training school
4. SOUNDBITE: (english) Jaime Van Wye, Zoom Room dog trainer
“If you were here last week and you’ve been working on this, let’s go ahead and try to back up your hand signal a tiny bit so you’re not right over them, ok?”
5. Shot of dog Benjie – Schnauser-Dachshund cross – playing dead
6. Close of dog playing dead
7. Shot of dog Tucker playing dead
8. Shot of dog Benjie playing dead
9. Close of dog Tucker eating reward
10. Various shots of dog Rocco – Jack Russell – learning a trick
11. Shot of dog Mindy running through tunnel
12. SOUNDBITE: (english) Jim Mizzaro, Rocco’s owner
“He’s learned to give paw, play dead, twirl. Yeah, he’s doing really well. Today was his first day in class.”
13. Mid of dog Tucker running over A-frame obstacle
14. Close up of dog Rocco sniffing camera
15. SOUNDBITE: (english) Jaime Van Wye, Zoom Room dog trainer
“The Hollywood tricks class we focus on teaching the dogs behaviour at a distance and without voice commands so we use primarily hand signals to teach the dog to work away from the trainer. So they can work at a distance of 10-20 feet.”
16. Mid of dog giving paw
17. Mid of dog Tucker giving paw
17. SOUNDBITE: (english) Jaime Van Wye, Zoom Room dog trainer
“We also have a tricks two class where we teach the dogs how to skateboard, we teach them how to pick up their toys, put away the toys, put away recycling, maybe take Kleenex out of a box.”
18. Mid of dog Tucker playing dead
19. Wide of Jaime Van Wye guiding dog through tyre obstacle
20. Exterior shot reflection in glass of Zoom Room training school
21. Mid of dog Tucker jumping off A-frame obstacle
22. SOUNDBITE: (english) Jaime Van Wye, Zoom Room dog trainer
“You know the pet industry in this economy is booming and so we’re really rapidly expanding. We’ve seen tons of people in class, everybody wants to do something with their dog.”
23. Various shots of dogs jumping through hoops
24. Various shots of dog Rocco climbing over A-frame obstacle
25. Mid of dog Benjie’s owner feeding a treat
26. Shot of dog Benjie eating treat
A dog training school in Los Angeles is teaching Hollywood hounds how to act.
The Zoom Room training school teaches dogs the skills needed to land a starring role in the next blockbuster.
In Hollywood even the dogs are actors.
Playing dead. How’s this for a dramatic doggy death?
The Zoom Room dog agility training school in Los Angeles is the place for dogs to learn how to act.
Head trainer Jaime Van Wye puts a new batch of dogs through their paces.
And Jaime is a friend to the stars… well their dogs at least. She used to own a boarding kennel looking after dogs belonging to Tom Cruise, Kelly Clarkson and Tyra Banks.
Star pupil Benjie, a Schnauser-Dachshund cross, is a fast learner.
But poodle Tucker won’t be outdone by his fellows.
Of course, no dog works for free. All the four-legged fellows perform for treats and the clicker of applause.
Jaime works one on one with each pet, gaining the dogs’ trust with clear commands… and more treats of course.
Rocco – a Jack Russell terrier – is the new kid in class but his proud owner reckons he could be destined for stardom.
Jim Mizzaro, Rocco’s owner says: “He’s learned to give paw, play dead, twirl. Yeah, he’s doing really well. Today was his first day in class.”
The Zoom Room teaches 78 different tricks, like navigating the A-frame.
Next on the syllabus, the high-five. Again, no problem for our doggy divas – but then this is only the basics Hollywood tricks class. The harder stuff comes later.
keyword animals wacky
You can license this story through AP Archive:
Find out more about AP Archive: